Pyton34.dll missing

Installation and configuration.
Bee_Thorn

Pyton34.dll missing

Post by Bee_Thorn »

Hi Timur,

When I tried to install and setup the Afanasy render manager I faced this error: the software did not start. Python34.ddl is missing from the Computer.

Unfortunatelly I did not find a step-by-step guide on installation and setup and as I'm not a programmer probably I missed something.

I would appreciate your help.
timurhai
Site Admin

Re: Pyton34.dll missing

Post by timurhai »

CGRU does not need any installation. And has no installation.

http://cgru.info/afanasy/server#launch
start\AFANASY\_afserver.cmd

http://cgru.info/afanasy/render#launch
start\AFANASY\render.cmd
Timur Hairulin
CGRU 3.3.1, Ubuntu 20.04, 22.04, MS Windows 10 (clients only).
Strob

Post by Strob »

python34.dll is in the cgru.2.2.3/dll folder

I had the same error, I did many thing and not sure what exactly fixed it:
I had install python 3.6 previously, so I also installed python 3.4.: https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/
I had setup a pythonpath in my windows environment variables so I deleted it cause I think clicking the right .cmd in cgru folder will take care of that
So i double-clicked again those files in the cgru.2.2.3 folder: setup.cmd, setup_afanasy.cmd and setup_python.cmd those command setup the environnement variables in windows but what I don't understand is that we don't see them when going in the windows env variables dialog. I don't see them when typing SET and enter in the command prompt either...

I think it's because those command they just setup env variables on the fly before running. If you open the .cmd in a text editor you will see they use the SET command which setup env variables path. But they seem to be setup only for the time you start each app.

For example I use 3ds max and if I install the submiter menu and I start max I will get an error cause it is looking for an env var called CGRU_LOCATION but it is not set in my env var . But if I start 3ds max from the keeper (that icon that you right click in the task bar) it works cause the keeper uses a command that set that env var before launching max. If I want to start max normally without error I need to add that CGRU_LOCATION and the right path to my cgru folder in my env variables.

Hope that help.

and there is a good step by step here: http://ramellij.blogspot.ca/2015/06/how ... rfarm.html
timurhai
Site Admin

Post by timurhai »

Hi.
CGRU release for Windows has own Python. And does not requite any Python installation. (the same way goes many other soft, like nuke, houdini, blender, natron, maya and most others)
Keeper performs environment setup.
Or you can setup environment manually:
http://cgru.info/installation#config_environment

CGRU will never have any "installation" and never modify system environment. As this soft should be easily deployed on a huge remote farm, by admins, in a way that each admin prefers. Soft that requires some installation is much harder to deploy in a custom way.
Timur Hairulin
Strob

Post by Strob »

Ok great! Now I understand. The env variables are setup on the fly by each command and don't stay setup in the system. But one thing to note is if you setup the CGRU_LOCATION env variable manually, the command will stop setting up other env var (I think I saw "if not defined" in some commands)and that would mean you would then need setting all of them manually. So better just let the commands do everything and don't touch your system env var manually. That's probably what happen to get the error python34.dll missing error.

I really like the way it works! Really simple and fast to deploy!
3dlp

Post by 3dlp »

Hello
Sorry necropost

I have a similar issue.
Trying to execute afserver on WinServer got this error

If i execute start.cmd
pythonw.exe - System Error.jpg
pythonw.exe - System Error.jpg (33.2 KiB) Viewed 3409 times
When execute afserver
afserver.jpg
afserver.jpg (60.01 KiB) Viewed 3409 times
Which Visual C++ Redistributable Packages install solve this missing dll error adding api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll ?

i was trying to copy some api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll (32 and 64) downloaded from inet to system32 with no luck

Any help is very welcome

//edited because bad typo. thx
Last edited by 3dlp on Fri May 20, 2022 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
timurhai
Site Admin

Post by timurhai »

Strange. It starts fine on all tested fresh MS Windows systems.
Try to dig other internet on api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll missing.

* pay attention that the last number is 0, not 1.
Timur Hairulin
3dlp

Post by 3dlp »

When i install it manually
pythonw.exe - Application Error.jpg
pythonw.exe - Application Error.jpg (15.73 KiB) Viewed 3402 times
timurhai
Site Admin

Post by timurhai »

Most probably that dll file you have found is "bad"\not suitable for your system.

Try to ask\find this issue on some MS Windows specific resources.
There is no windows admins reading this forum.
I am not using windows anywhere.

btw,
What windows version you are running?
Timur Hairulin
3dlp

Post by 3dlp »

Windows Server 2008 R2
mm... may be oracle VirtualBox will be a solution, but i prefer run cgru as native app.
Thx !