Issues to Render Fluids in Maya

zemarcelo

Issues to Render Fluids in Maya

Post by zemarcelo »

Hi, first of all thank you very much for sharing your software.

I just started to use Afanasy and everything works great with animation. But when I try to render a dynamic fluid simulation
only the machine where the project is located provides the image of the fluid. The other machines works normally, but provides the frames images without the fluids.
-I'm using CGRU 2.3.1
-Maya 2015
-Windows 7

Should I point the fluid cache or the project folder differently to work with dynamics ?

Thanks in advance.
timurhai
Site Admin

Re: Issues to Render Fluids in Maya

Post by timurhai »

Hi.

Any project (scene) files should have the same path on each machine.
So all sources/textures/caches should be placed in some network shared location.

Usually, when program can't get file, it prints something in output.
You should read task process output first in any problem case:
- double click job to get tasks
- double click task to get its data
- get its output

To debug any task you can run its command w/o afanasy:
- double click job to get tasks
- double click task to get its data
- copy&paste command in a terminal
You can run terminal from CGRU Keeper to have cgru environment setup.
Timur Hairulin
CGRU 3.3.1, Ubuntu 20.04, 22.04, MS Windows 10 (clients only).
zemarcelo

Post by zemarcelo »

Hi, thanks for your replay.

I did some test with Maya 2013 and I had the same issue. My project directory is ok, in other words, all files are in the correct place. As you can see in the task below I get some I/O warning, but I don't understand why the renders machine load the material and textures, but can't load the cache. Honestly I haven't any idea how to solve that.

COMPUTERNAME=LABINFO108

Starting "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2013\bin\mayabatch.exe"
mental ray for Maya 2013
mental ray: version 3.10.1.11, Jul 26 2012, revision 177995
File read in 0 seconds.
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "C:/Users/LabInfo/Desktop/New_Project/cache/fluidShapeabstratct.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "C:/Users/LabInfo/Desktop/New_Project/cache/fluidShapeabstratct.xml"
Result: //labinfo053/Desktop/New_Project_render/scenes/abstract.ma
Scene \\labinfo053\Desktop\New_Project_render\scenes\abstract.ma completed.
zemarcelo

Post by zemarcelo »

Hi Timurhai, I think that I found the solution. I created a new scene where I had pretty much same "warning" I/O warning : failed to load external entity C:/Users/LabInfo/Desktop/New_Project/scene/fluidShapeabstratct.xml". For me it was a bit odd that it try to load the cache file in the scene folder, but I decided to play the game. So, I copied and pasted all my cache files in the scene folder and the render begin to work. Thanks for your help.