Fusion 8

thomascheng

Fusion 8

Post by thomascheng »

Did anyone have any luck getting Afanasy working with Fusion 8?
timurhai
Site Admin

Re: Fusion 8

Post by timurhai »

- I tried only 7.7
Timur Hairulin
CGRU 3.3.1, Ubuntu 20.04, 22.04, MS Windows 10 (clients only).
ubunoir

Post by ubunoir »

I managed to get the script to show up by manually installing it into Fusion 8 and renaming the extention to .lua. In Fusion, the script appears to run properly, but the job never shows up in afanasy after submission.

Using the stand-alone command job script worked for submission, but renders failed on all nodes except the local workstation. The local workstation only worked because it repeatedly launched the full fusion interface. Unfortunately, that's not very useful because it gets hung up on the "render completed" dialog after each frame group.

I'd love to see Afanasy updated for Fusion 8. I'm brand new to Afanasy though, and don't yet have the skills to update the scripts or make my own.
avclubvids

Post by avclubvids »

+1 on this, we might have a guy who can re-write the script for Fusion 9 in python, but if anyone has already started this process please let us know and we can try to combine efforts to make this happen faster!
timurhai
Site Admin

Post by timurhai »

Hi.
I do not have Fusion, and do not know Fusion scripting.
But if anyone is going to support Afanasy+Fusion i will guide and help with Afanasy scripting.
Timur Hairulin
CGRU 3.3.1, Ubuntu 20.04, 22.04, MS Windows 10 (clients only).