Watch - some questions

Bona_Jr.

Watch - some questions

Post by Bona_Jr. »

Hello,

I'm an owner partner of an architectural visualization company and this week we started using Afanasy as a render manager. We're really enjoying it!

We have some questions about watch:
- in the render nodes 3dsmax renders in silent mode. Is there any way to show Corona Render's vfb during render, so we can see what is happening in the node ?
- on watch we can see how long it took to render an image or frame. Is there any way to get the render status ? (elapsed and left time ?)

For now these are our questions about the watch.

Thanks,

Bona Jr.
Bona Jr.
Afanasy 3.1.1 | Windows 10
timurhai
Site Admin

Re: Watch - some questions

Post by timurhai »

Hi!

1. Afanasy (as most other render managers) runs a command.
This command renders a frame.
To get command you can double click job and you will get job tasks,
then double click task and you will get a task window with all task info.
You can copy command, run it manually in cmd.exe, adjust somehow.
This way you can experiment with it.
If you want to change a command behavior, and does know how, better ask Corona Render
forums.
I do not know what is "Corona Render's vfb". May be some check box should be toggled in 3dsmax. I am not a 3dsmax user too.

2. I did not got you, you want some progress bar, to see render progress? But now you can only see that task is done or running?

PS
topic moved to "Max" section
Timur Hairulin
CGRU 3.3.1, Ubuntu 20.04, 22.04, MS Windows 10 (clients only).
Bona_Jr.

Post by Bona_Jr. »

Hi Timurhai,

Thanks for your reply.

1 - "Corona Render's vfb" is similar to native "Rendered Frame Window" of 3dsmax, but with Corona Render settings. I'll try some commands to see what happens.

2 - For example, in the aws deadline, it's possible to see in the render status how much time the image is rendering, how much time is left to finish and number of the rendering pass. This information is probably pulled from the VFB (Virtual Frame Buffer - Corona Rendered Frame Window), because in this frame window, if I rendering um my computer, it shows this information.

More questions.

3 - We are able to send the render through Kepper, but when trying to send directly from 3dsmax, the following error appears:
window popup > MAXscript Rollout Handler Exception.......-- Unable to convert: undefined to type: String
In MaxScript editor show the line with error > line 158 > local cmd = "\"" + systemTools.getEnvVariable("AF_ROOT") + "\\python\\" + "afjob.py\""
I tried to put in that line the direct path of this file ( @"C:\cgru\afanasy\python\afjob.py" ), but the error continues.

4 - We have 11 render nodes, and only two are not working. The following error appears:

Thu 25 Mar 09:15.11: INFO Started PID=1316 [max:1000] user: name_of_the_file[max][frame 152]
Thu 25 Mar 09:15.45: INFO Finished PID=1316: Exit Code=3 Status=3

Of those 2 computers that are giving an error, one of them came to render two days ago, but after it was restarted it didn't work anymore.

Once again, thank you very much for your support.

Att,

Bona Jr.
Bona Jr.
Afanasy 3.1.1 | Windows 10
timurhai
Site Admin

Post by timurhai »

Hi.
2. Here are images from documentation:

Job shows when it was started, elapsed time, current progress and eta. Task windows timings and progress too.
All information afrender gets from task process stdout and sends to server, later GUIs asks server for it to show.

3. You should show it to Max users/developers, may be on some Max forum. I do not have Max and even MS Windows OS by hand, to check any error.

4. Double click task with an error to open task window, see Output tab for error.
Timur Hairulin
CGRU 3.3.1, Ubuntu 20.04, 22.04, MS Windows 10 (clients only).