Extremely slow taskbar windows 10

General discussions and questions.
botjproductions

Extremely slow taskbar windows 10

Post by botjproductions »

Hey! Apologies if this is the wrong section for this question!

My team and I have been using CGRU for a couple years, and absolutely love it. For some reason though, the taskbar has gotten slower and slower over time. When we first started using it, it sometimes took a few seconds for the options bar (AFANASY, MOVIEMAKER,TOOLS etc) to popup, but then worked just fine. We weren't using the farm for about 4 months, and now as we've been going through and updating all the computers, the taskbar has become 10x sluggish. To choose anything can take 30 seconds to a minute, and when navigating through file explorer (using Software->Setup Soft-> for example) there's about 3 seconds where it works fine, and then it stalls for about 20 seconds at a time. You can double click a folder, and then it will stall for another 20 seconds. It's the same when setting the server, or doing just about anything. The actual farm itself still works fine, it's just the GUI/taskbar that have this issue. New computers we're starting to add with fresh installs of 3.2.0 are having the issue as well as the old computers only recently updated. It was also happening previous to us updating. Is this just a windows 10 issue? Is there a known issue with old python installations? Is there anything else I can try? I'd be happy to record a video to show what I mean as well! Thank you so much for any help you can provide, and even if there's nothing we can do, I love this program and will continue to use it :D
botjproductions

Re: Extremely slow taskbar windows 10

So.... the taskbar has stopped being slow on all computers, seemingly at the same time... no idea why?? Maybe windows update broke then fixed it? Anyways, feel free to ignore this, if possible I can also delete this post entirely!
timurhai
Site Admin

Post by timurhai »

Hi! You are talking about CGRU Keeper, right?
https://cgru.readthedocs.io/en/latest/k ... eeper.html

Hm, it work fine for us on Windows 10.

CGRU Keeper is witter on Python with a PySide2 graphics library.
You can try to use (update) some earlier Python and PySide versions.
Fixing this script can help you make CGRU to use some other Python with some other PySide:
https://github.com/CGRU/cgru/blob/maste ... python.cmd

ps
I have not update it Python and PySide for years for Windows, as it work. It seems that it's time now.
Timur Hairulin
CGRU 3.3.1, Ubuntu 20.04, 22.04, MS Windows 10 (clients only).
botjproductions

Hi Timurhai,

Apologies for my terrible English in the last message, tired brain writing!

The problem disappeared from all computers, all at the same time. CGRU keeper now works fine, without any slow-downs. I'm not sure what the issue was before, my guess is a windows update was wreaking havoc, as almost every computer needed to be updated. I can delete this post if you'd like, since it may be misleading now that the problem has been fixed! I'm sorry about that!