When did all these jobs finish?

General discussions and questions.
keyframe

When did all these jobs finish?

Post by keyframe »

If I submit a few dozen (64 tasks, for example) jobs to the farm, is it possible to find out when they finished running? [i'm trying to estimate 'these shots took 7 hours to render' for a large number of shots]

I thought that this information would be reflected on the RHS panel when all the jobs are selected under the 'Finished' field but it doesn't appear to contain the information for the entire selection.

Best,

G
--
Rocky Linux 8.5, cgru 3.2.1
timurhai
Site Admin

Re: When did all these jobs finish?

Post by timurhai »

Hi!
Afwatch does not estimate time finish for a group of jobs.
Especially it can't estimate any runnig time of a not started job.

But I think that it possible to do.
We can take an average running time of all done tasks (if any), then calculate all not done tasks of all selected jobs.
After we can take the number of renders in the farm, and calculate a time needed to finished all tasks.
Timur Hairulin
CGRU 3.3.1, Ubuntu 20.04, 22.04, MS Windows 10 (clients only).
keyframe

Post by keyframe »

Hey Timur,

I think I may have misspoke... I'm not interested in an estimate, i'm interested in being able to select (randomly) 50 jobs, and have Afanasy report when the latest of these selected jobs completed (on the wall clock).
My current challenge is that i'm rendering a large number of shots whose setup is mostly procedural with very little human intervention. I'm trying to gauge how long they took to complete so I can assess what impact that might have on my rendering time-budget.

so if I submit 50 jobs that started at 7pm, and finished at 3am (8 hours), I'll know that I can afford another 6 hours of rendering across 50 jobs. Does that make sense?

G
--
keyframe

Post by keyframe »

there is a panel on the RHS that shows when the job started, and when it ended when you select a job from the web interface (see attached).

However, when I select more then one job, it does not show the min time, and max time for all the jobs selected... it only shows the status of ONE of the jobs selected.

G
Attachments
Screenshot-20220404130932-214x75.png
Screenshot-20220404130932-214x75.png (6.15 KiB) Viewed 3886 times
--
timurhai
Site Admin

Post by timurhai »

I see, so you want when multiply jobs selected, right panel info should show some summary, not just one last selected job info.
For example it should take min(time_started), max(time_finished) from all selected. And may be more summ or (and) average values.

I agree, it can be useful! And not a big deal to implement.
Lets create and issue!

https://github.com/CGRU/cgru/issues/535
Timur Hairulin
CGRU 3.3.1, Ubuntu 20.04, 22.04, MS Windows 10 (clients only).
keyframe

Post by keyframe »

Thanks Timur,

Much appreciated -- i'm going to find some time and contribute at some point!

G
--